Friday, February 7, 2014

Cherubs and Hearts Tablescape

A day for love,  a day to share romance,  a day for fun,  Valentine's Day.

The items that are used for this Valentine's Day tablescape were collected over several years.  Long before I began blogging,  I played tablescaper for Valentines Day.  The vision of this tablescape started several years ago at Susan's Tablescape Thursday.   I had so admired the lacy look of the creamy white pierced chargers that she used in her lovely Valentine tablescape.  And then, one day last summer I found four chargers very similar to Susan's. I had a vision of what I wanted to create.
Long before I found the chargers I had been collecting cherubs from thrift stores for a future tablescape.  There are cherub candle holders.
 Both cherub candle holders came from the V.O.A.
And small cherub figurines.  Most of the figurines came from Marc's (my favorite close-out store).
The feathers were supposed to look like clouds.  I thought I would like them,  but I did not.  The feathers were removed and then I redid most of the photos.

I found the red heart salad plates on Ebay,  the oven safe heart shaped soup bowls came from T.J.Max. Both the Red wine glasses and the red champagne flutes came from Home Goods.  The red flutes were bought with the Home Goods gift card that I won at Cuisine Kathlin's Let's Dish  give-a-way  at Christmas. The large red rimmed dinner plate is Lenox  "Winter Song"  bought after Christmas two years ago at Tuesday Morning just as they were marked down to 60 percent off.  The red flatware was bought this year at Tuesday morning  (40 percent off).

The napkins were folded and tucked into the wine glasses with a faux geranium and a red heart shaped lollypop from Big Lots.  The reverse side of the napkin matches with a pink lollypop. Huge candy kisses were placed into the sherbert dishes.

Valentine's Day Tablescape



Valentine's day tablescape, red heart plates, mirror centerpiece, cherubs, red wine glasses, pierced white charger plate, pierced red heart salad bowl
Faux flowers in a red vase from Goodwill.
Flowers and Valentines on the shelves.


Primrose on the windowsill.
A pink Valentine Tree.

Happy Valentine's Day!!  I am linking with Laurie's Valentine Par-Tay at Decorating with Laurie.


Also Linking with:













19 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is just beautiful, so wonderful with all the red and white and the hearts, I love the stemware and the wonderful cutwork on the charger plates, so beautiful...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the heart dishes you got on eBay, I'd have snapped those up, too. And all the cherubs are precious and perfect for this table! I love the arrangement you made with the napkins and lollipops, clever. Thanks so much for sharing this at my History & Home link party this week! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning table!! Your dish stack is sooo pretty and romantic: your chargers and lacy heart dishes. Love your cherubs. I love everything!! There is just something so striking about red and white together! Bravo!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for such sweet words on My last post :) Your tablescape is perfect, I hope You get to use it.It's fun hearing where You bought all the pieces,I always enjoy that.I would try that but My memory is worse than ever. Hugs and blessings Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescape for Valentines Day is Beautiful ! I also love how you had put this all together with your Gorgeous red and white dishes..You have a lot of talent sweet lady. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - so very lovely - I looked at each picture over and over - so many details, so many pretty things. I love the tree too!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! This is really, really neat! I love to really load a table up with lots of things to keep the eyes entertained, and you did a great job of that here! I love that little cherub vase! So cute!

    It's great that you were able to find something to neat with the gift card you won from Kathleen! I'm sure you will be able to find lots and lots of good uses for those beautiful goblets in the future!

    Your eBay finds are terrific, too! I've got to start going on there more often!!!

    Happy Valentines's Week to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I love all your cherubs! They look great on the black cloth~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So festive!

    Thankful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this table and all of your valentine décor. I especially am crazy about the red stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy - love this table, especially the darling cherubs! I, too, purchased Winter Song plates, during that great sale at Tuesday Morning and am thrilled with them. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day. You are certainly ready for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and romantic table, Candie. It's adorable! How lucky of you to find those chargers too. I have always admired them on Susan's table...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Candie this table just so pretty! I love the plates and the glass stems! Thank you for sharing this at the party this week! I am featuring it on my Facebook page today and have pinned it to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest :-) (I also pinned to my own board All The Pretty Tables because it is SO pretty!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow oh wow, I think you win best Valentine table. Love every inch and clever that you used a white tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah, I have to pin it to my Valentines board too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tables are always so oppulent and exciting! I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful table. Yes, those pierced chargers are gorgeous, and your pretty heart plates accompany them beautifully. That stemware is gorgeous, and your cherubs are so sweet. (I liked the feathers and thought they did look like clouds!) Your pink tree is pretty. Thank you so much for linking this gorgeous table to my party. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I actually liked the feathers, too...but it's great either way. :)
    Thanks for sharing on Twirl & Take a Bow last week...I hope you'll join us again this week (if you haven't already!)

    - Brooke -

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete