Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Bunny Breakfast Tablescape

Do you remember the flop eared bunnies from the nineties?  I came across a set of them (they are marked Donna Little 1998) at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago and they just hopped in my cart and hitched a ride home with me.  I guess they were lonely for some company.  The truth is that they will have a lot of company once all of the other bunnies under my care are unpacked and placed around the house for Easter.

Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek
I invited the girls to breakfast today to see how they would fit in with the rest of the bunnies.  They appeared to enjoy breakfast, and they really liked having fresh cut flowers on the table.
Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek
I didn't tell them that the tulips in the little bunny vases were made of wood and just painted to look like tulips. The little bunny vases and the wooden tulips were found at Goodwill at the same time as the flop eared little cuties. The egg cups and the Tropicana juice glasses were found at Goodwill near where I work several months back.  The vase Came from the same Goodwill store. The vase looked so Spring like that I just had to use it for this first Spring Sunday Morning Brunch of this year.
Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek
Except for the chargers (Ebay) larger flower plates (Ebay), flatware (Marc's), Napkins (Marc's) everything else on this table was thrifted. 
Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek

Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek

Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek

Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek

Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies - Plum Creek
The napkin package is marked Raymond Waites Studio.  I looked them up on Amazon and said to myself "oh my"  I could never pay that much for a set of napkins.  Thank Goodness for Marc's!  The green flatware also came from Marc's for $2.99 for four place settings.
Easter Tablescape, Bunny tablescape, flop eared bunnies
The dinner plates were just marked "HOME" & Made in China - they came from the Salvation Army Family Thrift Store - I bought on half price day for about four dollars for eight plates.
Easter Tablescape

Easter Tablescape

Easter Tablescape
The large flower salad plate is marked Certified International (is that code for not made in the USA)?

Easter Tablescape


The small bead and butter plate is marked "A PERFECT OCCASION" also made in China.  For fifty cents each I will buy them (plus I get a Senior discount).




Easter Tablescape

Easter Tablescape
The cute little egg cups came from the Goodwill store a while back.

Glass plate yard decor by Kathleen


 **************************
Kathleen (one my my cohorts in thrifting at work) brought in the pretty yard decor that she is making out of clear plates and small crystal candle holders. The pieces are all glued together to be mounted on fence posts and such for outside yard art. Aren't they pretty? (and they look even better in person). FYI the one in the middle sold since I first posted these pictures.

Thrift on ladies - thrift on!
 Remember buying from your local charities like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and The Volunteers of America helps provide jobs for our communities and it also keeps your money in your community working for you!

I will be linking to:

Alma's Seasonal Sundays

Nita's Mod Mix Monday                                                                      






The Scoop - Visiting from Debbie's Confessions of a Plate Addict   






Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

28 comments:

  1. So many fun pieces on one table! I am so envious of you who find such special treasures at resale shops. Every now and then I get lucky, but it takes lots of looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu, I am in the Goodwill at least four of five times a week. As with everything it is all in the timing. The Goodwill at the corner where I live brings out the carts of the new donations around 5:00 pm, I get there just a few minutes later after work. The Goodwill at the corner where I work brings out new stuff all during the day. I get there around Noon and I usually find something there. I only go to the Salvation Army once or twice a month when I am going that way.

      Delete
  2. All of your spring and bunny pieces are so pretty, Candy! Are you having a link-up for your Bunny Palooza?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a pretty spring table - I've been waiting. I can't do any table settings right now - I have Donnie's quilt on the dining room table - feverishly trying to get it done before we leave a week from Wednesday. I adore you flower plates - and all the bunnies. This might be my favorite table setting of all time. (Sorry the toast got burned LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candy,

    Your beautiful bunny breakfast tablescape is one of the first I've seen in blogland and it is such a sweet collection of all things Easter: eggs, baskets, bunnies, daffodils, etc! Love the colour combinations and your balance of textures and patterns. I'm sure all who have the pleasure of dining with you on this upcoming occasion will feel the joy and lightness of this holiday!

    Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    Have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Candy. Love the way the bread and butter plate looks on top of the salad plate. The little bunnies are so cute, marching around your pretty vase of flowers, and those etched stems are gorgeous. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your bunny table! Those floppy eared bunnies are adorable. Your GW is a lot better than ours. NEVER find any goodies there. Your dishes are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this festive table! The egg cups, the flower plates...all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I am enchanted with the bunny plates, leaf plates, EVERYTHING. I do remember those long-eared bunnies from the 90s too. If I manage to get an Easter post done, I will link up. Brings new meaning to the movie title...Goodwill Hunting. Hoppy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodwill hunting is one of my favorite things to do. Hoppy Easter to you too!!

      Delete
  9. Candy, you must live near some really great thrift stores because you find some really terrific stuff! It is really tough for me to find great stuff on a regular basis. Maybe it's because I don't go in often enough. I admire how you are able to hone in on "the good stuff."

    I DO remember the flop eared bunnies from the 90s!!! I met my husband in 1991, and bought a bunny that same year. Named her Amelia. Still have her. LOVE her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and fun Candy! I love the plate stack with the blossom plates! everything is adorable! I love the mix and all the Easter colors!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome thrifty finds! Love your bunny tablescape. I hope you're able to stop by to see my Peter Rabbit tablescape :)

    http://castlesandcarriages.blogspot.com/2014/04/peter-rabbit-tablescape.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely thrifty table Candy! I am especially in love with each dish in your plate stack :-) Such a cheery table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table looks fantastic. Thanks for stopping by....I see the yard art is so popular!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Candy, your table is adorable!! I just love all of the Goodwill finds, especially those darling egg cups. Of course those hitchhiking bunnies are pretty cute, too. The plates and the napkins are just the perfect pieces for a wonderful Spring table!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun table!

    So wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you join this weekend as well!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Candy, thank you for stopping by the table, for the birthday wishes for our daughter, and for your kind comments on my Sunflowers brunch. I had so much fun planning that table.
    Your bunny breakfast table is absolutely beautiful, like something right out of a storybook. I LOVE it!!
    It's a pleasure meeting you, and I've added you to my sidebar blogroll to keep up with your posts. You asked about following so I've added more options on my sidebar.
    Off to browse your blog.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tablescape! I think your new bunnies are adorable and that vase was a beautiful find. I also like the delicate design on the green plates and I think the flower plates are awesome.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment.
    Randee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable Candy. Love everything. The new vase is striking and your bunnies are so cute.
    Great find on the cute Easter egg cups. The green plates with the flower ones are great together. Perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such great Goodwill finds. I haven't found anything there for a long time, but you have collected some sweet items. Your bunnies are darling and your tablescape is lovely. Everything just screams spring.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh your Easter table is so sweet and pretty! I love all of it! Thank you for sharing at TTF this week. I have pinned this to the TTF Feature board! http://www.pinterest.com/thriftygroove/thrifty-things-friday-features/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you layer the different plates! My place settings are always pretty boring...I need to up my game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very pretty table indeed. Love your flower plates and those little bunnies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Candy, I love your tablescape! And those rose plates are wonderful! I'll be on the look out for those on my 'thrifting' journeys.
    Happy Creating!
    Sam from www.creativelysams.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bunny in your first photo just took me by surprise with its cuteness. I love your whole table, I think the colorful egg cups really are the icing on the cake. Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. beverlynanhaskinskennedy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete