Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blue Autumn Sunshine Sunday Brunch Fall Tablescape


One of the things I love about the fall is going through all of the boxes of all of my seasonal decorations.  Through the years I have managed to amass considerable amounts of acorns, pine cones, fall wreathes, garlands, and hundreds of miscellaneous other items that have at one time or another been used to celebrate the coming of fall in my home.  This year I have promised myself to thin things out a bit.  But alas, as of yet I have not pitched a single thing.   I don't think I have a single acorn that I would want to part with. There are real acorns, big plastic acorns, small ceramic acorns, big ceramic acorns, velvety flocked acorns, copper metal acorns, gold spray painted acorns, metal stamped acorns, acorn salt & pepper shakers, and you get the picture, the list goes on and on.  

The little acorn boys that I am using in this tablescape are my favorites over the last couple of years.  I love the pine cone hats with the acorn on top.  I had quite a few of the dear little things, but I gave them away as gifts. They work out well for Christmas tablescapes too.
 

 I wanted to do a blue fall tablescape but most of my blue china is packed away in boxes that I could not get to when I decided on the blue.  So I scrounged around in the kitchen for what I had available and this is what I came up with. The red bowls are made by Olfaire, a Home Goods find this year  I did not have a bowl in yellow or blue that I could use so I picked the red bowl to go with the flowers in the Tabletops Gallery Modena salad plates.


 I thought the blue and yellow 1999 Debbie Mumm Sakura Garden Vignette dinner plates looked cute with the salad plate. I used my little copper leaves and blue linen napkins with my blue Argent flatware to complement the salad plates.



 The salad plates look good as a stand alone without the bowls too.  The blue glassware was a recent Goodwill find.




The Debbie Mum salad plates looked nice with the ebony colored wooden chargers.

 

 A lovely bouquet from the grocery store finishes off the table beautifully don't you think?




                                               Have a great day, stay safe and stay happy!!

 
Come back to visit again real soon!

 
I look forward to seeing everybody over at Seasonal Sundays at the Tablescaper.


 http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2013/10/seasonal-sundays-171-blue-autumn.html


 Sunday                          is the day to share



















15 comments:

  1. Hi Candy,

    What a beautifully warm and cheery table you have set, so bright and sunny with the patterned plates. The deep blues and rich, amber golds are a perfect autumnal pair and those copper leaves, darling!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Poppy! I will be playing with a couple of new tablescapes this week and will finish up my front porch for fall. I am sure I will have fun getting everything put together. You have a lovely week as well. And thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your blue! The copper leaf under the fork is such a special touch.

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tablescape The colors and picture are a delight. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table! The blue is perfect for the fall touches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table is gorgeous, love the leaf under the fork. Stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will probably laugh, but my favorite thing on the table is the wooden charger! I have been looking and looking for some reasonably priced ones with no luck! I think they are wonderful for this time of year. The Debbie Mum plate is beautiful, too, and the flatware is such a pretty shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy! Your table is just darling and I love those sweet dishes. Thank you for your kind words to me. I do know God is in control.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Fall tablescape and gorgeous dishes...all of them! Those copper Fall leaves are awesome! The bouquet centerpiece is lovely too, along with the cute doll figurine. Thank you so much for your sweet and kind visit. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Candy I used gold matellic spray. You cover what you don't want covered as this is a spray can I got at hardware store.I used plastic gloves . You can spray stems of wine glasses too but they need to be hand washed. the leaves I just sprayed them and they will keep for a long time. You can paint them white round the points and make little ghosts.Add eyes. I put thin thread to hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy tablescape for fall. Thanks for visiting Candy and following (I followed you right back). Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your table! It is so warm and beautiful!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that stack of plates. All of the pretty colors and patterns look perfect together, and they do pick up your centerpiece colors beautifully. What cute little acorn guys. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such a pleasure to have a few seasonal things you can count on from year to year. Your little acorn guys are sure cheery. That's a beautiful floral arrangement too. All wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm, this gets my wheels turning for autumn ideas. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be playing with tablescape ideas for product photos this year.

    ReplyDelete