Thursday, January 23, 2014

Radiant Orchids Winter Tablecape in Sivler and White


I wanted to do a Winter tablescape in silver and white, but I also wanted a compatible accent color that would incorporate the cool tones expressed by the silver that would not overwhelm the eye with color saturation. Just there, not overpowering. I wanted to use the lovely little orchids that I found at Home Depot last week. I decided that orchid would be my accent color and it turns out that Pantone chose Radiant Orchid as the color of the year for 2014.  Perfect!  The color is described by Pantone as a color that blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. Radiant Orchid is also described as an expressive, creative and embracing purple.  A captivating harmony of fuchsia,  purple and pink undertones (I think that is enough of the verbiage).

My inspiration came from these tine little orchid plants.  They are available at Hone Depot for under five dollars each.  The flowers usually last for several weeks and even a couple of months if well cared for.
The pale orchid square chargers that were bought at Tuesday Morning (at 80 percent off) a couple of years ago The white Argent flatware was bought at a sidewalk sale at the same store last year.
The snowflake plates came from my favorite close out store ( Marc's)  for only $1.29 each.  I love the tiny snow flakes on the platinum like rim.
 The wine glasses were bought at the Home Goods store after Christmas.  I love the way the silver fades to clear on these lovely wine glasses.

The tall mirror finish candle holders (only $2.99 each), the mirror finish votive holders holding the orchids, the silver tablecloth, and the silver napkins came from Marc's too.
The snowflake napkin rings and the snowflake candles came from our Volunteers of America store.

The purple sherbert stems were a thrift store find.

The mirrors came from our Goodwill store.

White and silver tablescape, Radiant Orchid

The shelves are decorated for winter with crystal nutcrackers, silver and white trees, and snowmen.
The china cabinet is sporting my new collection of Avon Hummingbird wine glasses, champagne flutes, water goblets, vases, candle holders,  cups, saucers, desert plates (six of each), and a pitcher.  All bought at Goodwill from fifty cents to three dollars for the pitcher.  All of the wine glasses were a dollar each,  cups, saucers, and desert plates were all at 50 cents each.

A few weeks ago I won a $25.00 gift card to the Home Good's store at Cuisine Kathleen's "Let's Dish" Linkie Party. I finally got out this week and found these beautiful Red champagne flutes that will be perfect for a Valentine's Day tablescape that I am planning.  Thank you Kathleen!!!

Home Depot has beautiful primrose plants in to remind us that spring will soon be here again.

 Tulips will be blooming in my yard in about 90 days. I can't wait.


Have a great week,  I am looking forward to seeing every one at Laurie's Annual Valentine Par-tay on
February 7, 2014.  See you there!
 VALENTINE PAR-TAY


I've been Featured at: 

 The Dedicated House
and
 Mod Vintage Life




Linking with:



Tablescape Thursday

What's It Wednesday

Flaunt it Friday

Seasonal Sundays

Make It Pretty Monday
                                                           
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday

Mod Mix Monday

Centerpiece Wednesday

26 comments:

  1. Oh it is sooooooo pretty. I love the effect of the mirrors with the flowers sitting on them - doubles the beauty. The glasses are divine - love the plates - oh phooey - I love it all - every little piece. LOL I still want to come over and go shopping with you - I'll have to bring a U-Haul truck (full of money) This is a beautiful winter table - and oh those hummingbird glasses - what a joyful find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Candy. That is PLUMb beautiful! What a gorgeous, gorgeous table. I love orchids and your setting is wonderful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of radiant orchid -- and you found the most gorgeous plants to set off your accents. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such beauty. I love orchids. Bought two today. I love your violet, silver and white tablescape. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, this is stunning! And done with thrifted finds, no less, it looks like you spent a fortune on everything. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the table, Candy, it's both stunning and elegant. Love the iciness and the bling and the addition of color.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you did this beautiful table on a low budget. I will have to go to Home Depot to get some spring color.
    Thank you for your visit yesterday.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so refreshing to see a bright pop of pink in all this winter dreariness! Your table is just stunning! I love your new red stems too, you will have lots of fun with those!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that is one gorgeous table, Candy! I love the orchids and those sherbets are such a beautiful shade of purple. Love that you found so much at the thrift stores...one never knows what treasures are waiting for us there.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully set, and with thrifty finds no less. The orchids are show stoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely table! Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Candy S, Your table looks perfectly paired with the silver and white. The orchids are beautiful. What a lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a classy elegant table. the purple color just pops against the silver and white. Very stunning. I wish I could find glasses for 50 cents at my thrift stores. Beautiful table very inspiring.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table...love all of your gorgeous glassware! Those red flutes are great, can't wait to see them on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Candy, this table is so elegant and absolutely stunning. I love those snowflake plates, and that gorgeous stemware. You pulled together all of the right accessories to make this table shine. Your china cabinet is filled with some beautiful crystal. (I have that same snowman). Thank you so much for sharing my Valentine party. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Candy,

    What a refreshingly radiant winter table you've set! I love the mini pink orchids as your accent colour amid the silver and white. For me the true showstopper is the use of mirrors and how they reflect the orchids' colour and shape - simply stunning and double the prettiness!

    Thanks for sharing; really brightened my day!:-D

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Candy,
    Thanks so much fro stopping by!!
    What a beautiful tablescape!! Love the effect that the mirrors create and I beleive those plates were originally bought at Target.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Love the shade of pink against the silver.

    It's wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...this is all so pretty! You should link up at Mod Mix Monday for sure! I love those little orchids. I almost bought an orchid in the same color last week at Walmart. It was a big one and only 9.99...but had second thoughts because I wasn't sure I could keep it alive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my and mine!
    I need to call Pantone and apologise for saying that 2014 color of theirs was completely off ahahahahah
    You made it beautiful on this setting, and I'm so glad the year is "just" beggining and I get the chance of saying this - without repeating myself over and over: This is my favorite tablescape from all you've created this year. ;)
    And I would love to have the pattern for that heart hanging on the snowman. Do you know where I can get it?
    Thank you so much for sharing Candy! Keep the inspiration flowing... it's so appreciated on this side of Atlantic!
    Enjoy the weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this tablescape! Thank you for sharing! You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. This table is magazine worthy!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I featured your pretty table today on Mod Mix Monday at ModVintageLife!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I came over from a comment you left at my blog. I'm in awe of your tables capes. This really caught my attention because of the orchids. The color and blooms once again made me say....I'm ready for spring.

    Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete