OK, I know there are shamrocks on my plates and I know it is now spring but there are three good reasons for me to be showing the green again this week for a spring tablescape. First: I found my missing shamrock plates, second: I won a beautiful set of shamrock green Fiesta plates at Missy Bowen's The Victorian Cottage that I really want to use, and third: I wanted to use my Belleek Daffodil vase that also has shamrocks on it.
Don't they look lovely with the Bordello Pinheiro shamrock plates? They are one of my all time favorite Goodwill finds at only a dollar each (or it could have been fifty cents each)
This is my Belleek Daffodil vase from Goodwill.
Looks like spring to me!
The shamrock wine glasses are all Goodwill finds.
Checkers anyone?Dining With Leprechauns" is being featured at Laura's Friday Favorites linky party.
Bunnies have been invading my house all week. They are everywhere! There are white bunnies, pink bunnies, yellow bunnies, bunnies with floppy ears, bunnies the tall ears, bunnies with babies (oh my goodness all of the babies), bunnies in people clothes, bunnies that garden, golly you name it and I got those kind of bunnies.
Sue at Housekaboodle is having a Getting to Know You Party at Her Meet the Neighbors Linky Party.
There is a list of questions to help you introduce yourself to people in the blogging community that may not already know a lot about you.
These are my responses:
1. Morning person or night owl.? Answer: Well that would depend on what you call morning. Does waking up at two O'clock AM to work on your blog constitute a very early morning person, or a very late night owl person? Let's call it a very early morning person (unless I lay back down and catch a few more hours sleep).
2. The doorbell rings and it's your neighbor. Do you invite them in or pretend you are not home? Answer: Unless I had just stepped out of the shower and am attired only in a towel wrapped around my body, I would let them in. I am always in the middle of a project and eager to get feedback on what I am doing. My neighbor's are all sweethearts and I adore them and I place a high value on their opinions.
3. When out of sugar do you visit a neighbor or head to the market? Answer: I can't imagine borrowing food from a neighbor. Lawnmower yes, food no.
4. In home design, what is your go to color combination? I am very drawn to a warm neutral setting. I fell in love with kilim beige a few years ago when HGTV used that color in their Dream House giveaway. My favorite color to use with this beige is sage green or a warm red.
5. Where do you live now and given the choice where would your dream home be? Answer: I currently live in a lovely community in Medina County Ohio. In my alternate universe I would love to live in North Carolina, especially the Lake Lure area or near Henderson, NC.
6. What is your favorite social media and why? Answer: Pinterest is my favorite go to when I have a little time to spend on indulging myself with an overload of ideas. I have so many different interests and Pinterest takes me anywhere my whimsical interests want to go. Incidentally my current whimsy is fairy gardens - I am in love with fairy gardens.
7. What inspired you to start your blog? Answer: The internet inspired me. When my company closed it's Ohio operation and I lost my job several years ago I found out computers were not just for work anymore. I found a community of people with the same interests that I have. I kind of stumbled onto tablescaping while I was looking for something on the Garden Web, from there I saw a post where I found Susan's Between Naps On The Porch. I have always been crazy over pretty plates and table settings and blogging gives me a way to share my ideas.
8. Do your family or friends follow your blog? My sweet sister-in-law JoAnn checks my blog every week and my good friend Gloria at work checks my blog out every week too. My son's say they visit every week! Bless their little hearts! Every once and a while one of our friends from my husbands Navy days will visit too.
I think that is enough about me!
I hope you can get over to Laura's "I'm not a Trophy Wife" to visit, and to Sue's blog and visit some of the lovely homes that she features in her blog and to Missy's Blog - Missy has a gorgeous Chocolate Bunny Tablescape using a Fiestaware flamingo dinner plate, a chocolate lunch plate and a turquoise desert plate with a chocolate bunny on top this week....Really cute!!
Have a wonderful week. Thrift on ladies, thrift on.
Friday Favorites Linky Party
Meet the Neighbors Linky Party
Make it Pretty Monday
History and Home Link Party
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Share It One More Time Party